1. Gravity and evaporation are constantly working against you, pulling moisture out of the reach of roots as it returns to the aquifer and atmosphere. These two forces combine to create the potential for total moisture loss in the soil matrix when rainfall is scarce. If left unchecked, this damage can cause wilting, browning and loss of leaves and delicate structures. By the time these drought stresses become evident, much of the plant's internal processes have begun to shut down as it enters a survival mode. It is during this time that the plant becomes most susceptible to opportunistic disease and pests.
2. Chronically dry soils can become hydrophobic or moisture-resistant. Attempting to hydrate soil in this condition can be difficult as hydrophobic soils tend to channel moisture away through voids in the soil matrix and poor absorption results. This moisture is lost to gravity and offers little real benefit to plants resulting in brown spots on the leaf surface.
3. As drought conditions progress, roots stop growing as they encounter dry soil. Delicate root hairs begin to shrink, desiccate and die, leading to even more severe stresses and symptoms above the surface. Overwatering to compensate can lead to fungus and rot which can be equally damaging.
4. Not a wetting agent or superabsorbent polymer, AQUAsatis is instead an advanced, environmentally-conscious chemistry which forms a thin persistent film on root surfaces. Applying patented hygroscopic and humectant technologies to attract moisture, AQUAsatis gives plants an important ally in the drought cycle.
5. AQUAsatis captures and retains water vapour in the soil forming countless reservoirs that will prove vital to plant survival when moisture levels drop out of reach of the root zone. This prolongs healthy internal processes, reducing or eliminating drought stresses which lead to disease and pests.
6. AQUAsatis-treated soil will readily accept moisture even during the driest conditions. Instead of channelling it away, the soil permits absorption and dispersion of newly available water, suspending it in the soil matrix and making it readily available to plant roots.
Persisting through multiple waterings, the cycle of capturing vapor and droplet formation repeats, ensuring that plants have an uninterrupted supply of vital moisture. The film also travels with roots as they grow. As your plants respond to changing moisture conditions, be assured that they will benefit from AQUAsatis's lasting effects.
Whether a golf course superintendent, a landscape professional or a commercial grower, maintaining green and healthy turf grass, trees shrubs, ornamentals and bedding plants is no easy task – even under nearly ideal conditions.
A key concern is maintaining proper moisture levels at the roots so that your plants have what they need to remain healthy without the risk of overwatering. When conditions are dry we often increase watering frequency and volume to compensate. This can be quite costly and ineffective due to a number of factors beneath the soil surface. Understanding these factors is vital to moisture management at the roots where it most counts.
As we apply water, we are facilitating a critical balance of moisture, air, nutrients and beneficial bacteria that are available to the roots. Moisture also provides an important medium by which other nutrients constituents are distributed through the soil matrix. This distribution process continues for as long as proper moisture levels are maintained. Interrupting this process can put your plants at risk of drought-related stress.
The practical benefits of AQUAsatis become clear in comparing treated and untreated plants and turf. AQUAsatis has consistently shown its unique ability to restore and maintain a proper moisture balance in dry or drought-stricken soils.
Untreated plants took longer to recover from drought stress, while being far more susceptible to opportunistic disease and pests. Plants that were treated with AQUAsatis however generally go twice as long without irrigation before ever entering drought stress.
AQUAsatis's benefits are far more than isolated claims. Major university studies and green care professionals from around the country continue to herald the benefits of AQUAsatis and its unique ability to reduce watering requirements by up to
50 % or more!
AQUAsatis is a concentrated formula designed for large scale applications. Dilute with water before applying. Minimum dilution rate 15:1 (water to AQUAsatis). AQUAsatis may be tank mixed or applied through injectors and fertigation systems.
General application rate – Apply 300 ml of AQUAsatis per 100 m² (3 Liters on 1000 m2) by spray or drench once every 3 months or maintain monthly at 1/3 rate after initial full rate application.
For best results apply to wet soil. Water in with at least 2,5 mm of water within the first couple of hours to insure AQUAsatis is washed off foliage and into the soil.
Within 24 hours, follow with enough additional water to carry AQUAsatis down to and throughout the root zone. (The amount of additional water required to carry AQUAsatis throughout the root zone is dependent on the depth of the root zone of the treated area).
Additional AQUAsatis may be required to correct difficult extreme dry spot areas.
AQUAsatis may be applied at up to 5 times the general application rate as a single treatment or in multiple applications.
OVER SEEDING, SODDING, AAND SPRIGGING:
Apply AQUAsatis at general application rate (300 ml AQUAsatis per 100 m²) by spray or drench after seeding, sodding or sprigging. Water in with only enough water to rinse AQUAsatis off foliage and into the soil at seed level or the root area of new sod and sprig. An application of AQUAsatis made prior to over seeding, sodding or sprigging and watered into the root zone will manage soil moisture for existing turf during new turf establishment.
TREES, SHRUBS & INDIVIDUAL PLANTS:
Dilute AQUAsatis at a rate of 80 ml per 5 liters of water and apply by drench thoroughly saturating the root zone. For maximum effectiveness on trees apply 100 ml of concentrate per centimetre of trunk diameter. Dilution rate is variable from 50:1 to 300:1
POTTED OR CONTAINERIZED PLANTS:
Dilute AQUAsatis at a rate of 80 ml per 5 liters of water and apply by drench, thoroughly saturating the planting media. Media should be dry enough to hold as much diluted AQUAsatis as possible. AQUAsatis may be applied through existing. AQUAsatis injectors at rates between 50:1 and 100:1. Higher dilution rates may require multiple applications to achieve desired results.
LARGE PLANTERS AND GARDENS:
Dilute AQUAsatis at a rate of 80 ml per 5 liters of water or through injectors at a rate of 50:1 to 100:1 and apply at a rate of 100 ml of concentrate per 10 m² of area. 1 liter treats 100 m².
FOR BEST RESULTS:
Water thoroughly when re-watering AQUAsatis treated plants. Proper fertilization will enhance AQUAsatis's effectiveness. AQUAsatis is biodegradable. For maximum effectiveness reapply every three months or when required watering becomes more frequent.
Reapply if a reduction in watering is not apparent within the first two weeks.
WETTING AGENTS & PENETRANTS:
AQUAsatis is not a wetting agent. Wetting agents may be used before or with AQUAsatis. AQUAsatis ES Plus contains an excellent soil surfactant designed specifically to allow AQUAsatis to penetrate through thatch layers and hydrophobic soils, down to and throughout the root zone where AQUAsatis is designed to function.
If AQUAsatis is applied to open flowers blooms, rinse with plain water to reduce the possibility of AQUAsatis pulling moisture from sensitive flower petals.
All of the above, whilst at the same time reducing water consumption by up to 50% and more.
RESULT: energy and labour costs are reduced; energy yields and survival rates are increased; the flowers life and flowering are extended.
Proven & Patented Technology